GHGHL Playoff Rules
GHGHL Playoff Rules
- Each game will consist of two 10-minute stop time periods and one 12- minute stop time period, subject to curfews, which must be noted on the game sheet.
- Points awarded as follows:
- 2 points for a win,
- 1 point for a tie,
- 0 points for a loss.
- Forfeit Games: the away team must reimburse the host Association for the cost of referees, ice time, and timekeepers. Associations can also work out an alternative arrangement. The forfeit team will receive a 0-5 loss (OWHA). In case of referees not showing or unavailable, the game is to be rescheduled. All Associations are responsible for getting all playoff games in.
- U9 and U11 players are limited to three goals per game all season, playoffs, and Super Sunday. Once a player has three goals, their goals will not count.
- U9 to U22 will be attending Super Sunday.
- Playoff Pick-Up Players
A Pick-Up player/goalie must be from a lower division or same division within the same Association for the following age groups U9, U11, U18, and U22. All other divisions must pick up players from a lower division.
Pick-up players will follow the same guidelines used for picking up players for OWHA tournaments: (Reference OWHA Handbook):
(a) Pick-Up Players are permitted for house league play and playoffs.
(b) Pick-Up players are not permitted to replace suspended players.
(c) The Impacted Association must notify the other Association of Pick-Up players and ensure it is noted on the electronic game sheet well before arriving at the game. Do not notify just before game time.
(d) A team may use a maximum of three (3) pickup players.
(e) Pick-Up players or goalies may not drop down to play if registered to a higher division.
(f) Use of other Association goalies is permissible during regular season and playoffs. This should be applied only when the impacted Association cannot acquire a Pick-Up first from within their own Association. When a goalie from another Association is to be used, the affected Association House League representatives require permission.
(g) A Players own team must honour any suspensions incurred by the player while acting as a pickup player for another team.
- If there is a tie in points after the round-robin pod games, the following criteria will be used to break the tie:
(a) Number of wins
(b) Least number of losses
(c) Head to Head
(d) Fewest penalty minutes in round-robin play
(e) Goals scored minus the goals against in round-robin games (f) Coin toss
- Teams must be at the arena at least 1 hour before their scheduled game time and prepared to go on the ice 1/2 hour before the scheduled game time if requested to do so.
- One-30 second timeout per team will be allowed Championship Final games only.
- "SUPER SUNDAY"
- Games will consist of 10 - 10 -12 minute stop-time periods, SUBJECT TO CURFEW. This will be reviewed annually and period times subject to change based on available ice times. All teams will attend Super Sunday unless otherwise indicated by the GHGHL Executive. Association teams who do not attend will still be billed for their share of Super Sunday.
- If a goal differential of five (or greater) is reached during the game, run-time will be in effect until the differential is reduced to less than five or until the game is complete.
- If the game is tied at the end of regulation, a shootout will take place immediately after the regulation time. Teams will not switch ends at the end of the 3rd period. This will be reviewed yearly and is subject to change depending on ice availability.
- Each team will designate their shooters and the order that they will shoot before the start of the game (entire team).
- The first three shooters from each team will shoot, one from each team simultaneously, total goals for all three shooters.
- If still tied a sudden death shootout will take place where the team must go through the entire roster except goalies before you can reuse the original 3 shooters.
- No one can shoot twice until all players have shot once.
- No player serving a penalty will be allowed in the shootout, her spot in the pre-assigned shooting order will be taken out and all other players will move up one spot.
- No changes in the order will be allowed once the game has begun.
* 3 Penalty Rule still applies * Players receiving three individual penalties of any kind will be removed for the rest of the game.